police given more time to quiz murder suspect after pensioner found dead in godalming
police given more time to quiz murder suspect after pensioner found dead in godalming

Police Given More time to Quiz Murder Suspect after Pensioner Found Dead in Godalming

Detectives have been given more time to question a bare chested man who was arrested and led away in handcuffs from a Godalming Property on Sunday morning we can reveal. Surrey Police launched a murder investigation after the Pensioner was found seriously injured at a property early on Sunday morning. The woman was pronounced dead at the scene by Paramedics.

Emergency services rushed to the Wey Court in Godalming to find the woman had been brutally murdered the house still remains sealed off following the mindless attack. We understand that the man arrested at the property is related and he is her son.

Scene of Crime officers spent Sunday and Monday removing blood splatter samples and a weapon that is believed to have used the in attack.

Friends of the popular former junior school teacher have named the woman locally as Mary Steel who had a Son and a daughter who lived locally in Godalming. She had lived in Wey Court for over Ten years first at a property in an other block and than moving into number 40. There has never ever been any trouble like this in are little close nothing.

Members of the St John’s Church in Farncombe, are said to be in shock of the death of the lady who was a very active member of the church community and had been for a number of years. The Rector, Rev James Rattue said he had been made aware of an incident in the village and like most people was very shock, It is a terrible and shocking event He went on to we are waiting for the circumstances to be made clear. Member of the church community have been reaching out to those who had been effected by this tragic event

Surrey Police initially arrested the man, who was also at the address at the time of the response and was later taken to hospital, on suspicion of attempted murder. He has now been further arrestted on suspicion of murder

A post-mortem examination is expected to take place today (Monday) and formal identification is unlikely to take place until then, a spokeswoman for Surrey Police said.